Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

October 03, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial - Tumbling Blocks

Hi Everybody,

Today I am using one of the dies from Spellbinders Designer Lene Lok 
 Here I have created two cards ... one for the boys and the other most definitely for the girls with Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls ... and Pink !!
So first the card  with a male theme and all the links are at the bottom of the page
Spellbinders Supplies:
  • S2-276 Tumbling Blocks
  • 5x7 Matting Basics A & B
  • Platinum Die Cutting Machine
Other Supplies:
  • Distress Inks in your favourite colours
  • Sponges
  • Flowers
  • Ribbons
  • Pearls
  • Glitter
Instructions:
With die # 7 from Matting Basics A cut two pieces in white card to
  Create A Hinged Card
With die #7 from the B set cut another in white 
With this layer stamp the sentiment on to the top right corner and heat emboss with clear powder.
Then emboss in the brick folder
With the die and some white card cut as many of the shapes as you need. 
Stencil a pattern on to the shapes with sponges and inks while the card is still in the die.
Then ink the edges of each shape once it has been removed. 
I added in another layer with a similar colour to one of the inks I used
Add foam pads to the back of each shape
Have a practise run,  before you remove the backing, to see how you will add them to your card
When you are happy with your chosen design then go ahead and add them to the embossed layer and trim if needed then and add the layers to the base card
That one is for the men in your life
BUT ...
You can definitely pretty it up for the girls too. 
I add the shapes in a different orientation and glued ribbon across the layers before I added them to the base card. 

The colour choices are yours but this one simple die can be used for any occasion and I am sure the boys will love it too 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

15 comments:

  1. Interesting! I actually prefer the male version. I like the simplicity of it, the colour choices and the shapes are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Christina, a very versatile die with which you made two beautiful cards and they look so different.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Christina
    Thank you love June xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these cards are gorgeous Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've used this die set Christina :D and I really like the way you've raised them up and left gaps between them too :D Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some handy tips shown in these 2 cards- both very useful and relatively easy to make. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I probably wouldn't have ever looked at the die for the blocks as I'm not really a geometric type person but I really like both cards. I will definitely take a look at the die and other geometric dies in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Christina - must buy this die. It is so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So love the pink one it is a stunner with the fabulous bow and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are gorgeous. Love the inking on them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like both of them, but I think the boys card is has more unique style. Thanks for sharing it, Christina:)
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Christina,
    What brilliant ideas for a die which I'd never have given a second thought!! Thank you.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christina,
    Lovely cards and great tutorial.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Christina. Two fabulous cards. Great inspiration in showing how a die can be adapted. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...